Introduction to HTML :-
HTML stand for Hyper Text Markup Language. HTML is used for create and structure content on the World Wide Web.
HTML is the most usable Markup language that provides the building blocks for creating web pages. In HTML there are many elements that tells the browser how to display the content on screen.
See how HTML structure looks.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> <title>Document</title> </head> <body> <h1>Welcome to my first webpage </h1> <h3>HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)</h3> <p>Learning HTML is very simple. It is very simple to under stand.</p> </body> </html>
Explanation of above HTML code :-
Here you can see there are many elements are present in HTML code. So what is the meaning of these elements and what’s the use of these elements and tags. There are many elements and tags present in HTML.
Introduction to HTML elements.
- <!DOCTYPE html> It is a declaration that define <this an HTML Document.
- <head> All the meta data or information are stored in this element.
- <tittle> It represent the name of HTML page which is showing in the browser’s tittle bar or in browser tab.
- <body> It is the main structure of the HTML document which is contain all elements, tags, paragraph, headings or any other contents.
- Heading tags (h1, h2,,,,,,,h6) these heading tag is used to give heading to our contents. h1 is largest heading and h6 is the smallest heading.
- <p> It is called paragraph tag which is used to add a paragraph or large content in our webpage.
Type of HTML Tags
In the HTML there are mainly two types of Tags, Open Tags and Closing Tags.
- Closing Tag:-
A closing tag is used to mark the end of the element in HTML or XML. It is also known as end tags. All the closing tags have a ending syntax similar to starting syntax with a back slash (/). like heading tags, paragraph tag, tittle tag, head tag, body tag, etc.
Syntax of closing tags:- <p>you content here</p>
- Open Tags:-
Open tags which is also known as start tag. some element have no content in it, so they do not have any ending tag.
There are used for specific purpose. Example of Open tags like <br> which is used for line break, <hr> Which is used for adding a horizontal line.
Structure of HTML Page:-
History of HTML
HTML, which stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, is the standard markup language used to create and structure content on the World Wide Web. It is the backbone of web pages and has played a crucial role in shaping the internet as we know it today. Here’s a brief history of HTML:
- Early Days (1980s – Early 1990s): The concept of hypertext can be traced back to the 1940s, but the development of HTML began in the late 1980s. Tim Berners-Lee, a British computer scientist, invented HTML while working at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research). In 1989, he proposed a system for sharing and accessing documents over the internet, which laid the foundation for the World Wide Web.
- HTML 1.0 (1993): The first version of HTML, HTML 1.0, was published as an internet draft in 1993. It was a simple and basic version, primarily designed to structure documents with headings, paragraphs, lists, and links.
- HTML 2.0 (1995): HTML 2.0 was released as an IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) standard in 1995. It introduced new features like tables, image support, and form elements, which added more capabilities to web pages.
- HTML 3.0 and 3.2 (1997): HTML 3.0 was developed, but it never became an official standard. Instead, HTML 3.2, a minor revision, was released in 1997. It introduced more features like superscript and subscript, text alignment, and improved table support.
- HTML 4.01 (1999): HTML 4.01 was the fourth major version of HTML and became a W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) recommendation in 1999. It brought significant enhancements like support for style sheets, scripting, and improved accessibility.
- XHTML (2000): As a step towards more strict and structured HTML, XHTML (extensible Hyper Text Markup Language) was introduced in 2000. XHTML combined HTML with XML (extensible Markup Language), enforcing stricter rules and improving compatibility with other XML-based technologies.
- HTML Living Standard (Ongoing): Instead of releasing new versions, HTML is now maintained as a “living standard” by the WHATWG (Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group). This means that it is continually updated and improved, and new features are added as needed. Browsers have adopted this living standard and are regularly updated to support the latest HTML features.
HTML continues to evolve, adapting to the changing requirements of web development and user expectations. Its rich history reflects the growth and transformation of the internet from simple text documents to the dynamic and interactive web we experience today.
Want to learn complete HTML try our simple tutorial https://xcoode.co.in/category/html/ with examples.
We are also available on Quora platform join our space and follow us for information. https://xcoode404.quora.com/
We are a small team of developers constantly working to create programming content which is easy to use and understand. We are providing multiple content based on different in-demand programming languages. In addition we providing simple tutorials, modules and books to gain your knowledge. Our aim is to provide a platform where users learn programming more easily.